Kitchen Steward/Light Prep Cook
Position Type: Part Time/Seasonal Employment Duration: June 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018
Position Overview: The Kitchen Steward at Touchstone Center for Crafts is responsible for representing the highest standard of excellence in kitchen cleanliness and organization. The primary purpose of the position is ensuring the kitchen & dining room areas are clean, well maintained, organized & stocked at all times. The Kitchen Steward will maintain a proper level of clean inventory with a high standard of cleanliness according to the sanitation code. The Kitchen Steward will also assist with preparation, setup and serving of meals as necessary. The Kitchen Steward reports directly to the Culinary Manager.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines;
- Monitor proper tank temperatures and chemicals
- Maintain a clean and organized work area;
- Clean and sanitize all food storage areas, walk in fridges, freezers, ovens, freestanding hot and cold boxes, dry storage cupboards, floors and dishes according to sanitation guidelines.
- Oversee studio assistant cleaning of the dining room.
- Clean filters and hoods.
- Clean and sanitize trash containers. Remove trash from food production and services areas.
- Store all cleaned articles in the correct areas.
- Remove stains from china and cutlery as required.
- Ensure all access and traffic areas are clear and clean.
- Polish chafing dishes, china, silver & glassware as needed.
- Report any breakdowns in equipment, accidents or breakages to the Culinary Manager.
- Assist the Culinary Manager with food preparation, meal setup & service as necessary
- Clean, with good hygiene habits
- Communicates effectively; able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language (English) used in the workplace
- Organized, accurate and reliable
- Prioritizes and works efficiently with limited supervision
- Positive and upbeat attitude and demeanor
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Works in a team environment
Other Skills / Abilities:
- Bend and stretch frequently
- Handle a fast-paced environment
- Lift, balance and carry up to 50 lbs during your shift
- Perform all duties in a hot and humid environment
- Stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for entire shift duration
- Work quickly and quietly
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. This job description describes the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job. Job descriptions do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To Apply: If you are interested in applying for the Kitchen Steward position for the 2018 season, please submit a cover letter and resume to Meryl Elliott, Culinary Manager, at email@example.com.
Applications Due: May 15, 2018