Lodging on campus is the most convenient option for students participating in a weekend or weeklong craft workshops. Residing onsite enables you to enjoy the camaraderie and artistic cross-pollination that occurs when students live, create, and break bread on campus. If you decide to stay on campus in one of our comfortable accommodations, please note the following guidelines:
- Residents may choose to either bring their own twin sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels or rent a linen package for $50. Items may be shipped ahead and will be made available at the time of check-in. Download a list of suggested items below to bring for your stay at Touchstone.
- Children 12 and under stay free with a parent or guardian in the same room/cabin.
- Lodging space is limited, so please make reservations early to avoid disappointment. Lodging assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. We do our best to match students with the type of housing they request, but this is not always possible. Our staff will contact you should your preferred lodging of choice be unavailable. We cannot honor requests for specific rooms or buildings.
- Touchstone does not allow pets on campus except for service animals.
- Touchstone is not responsible for the personal property of students or visitors and does not provide insurance covering such property. This includes vehicles and their contents as well as all personal belongings kept in studios, lodging and/or any other facility on campus.
Rooms in our Campbell and Kinard residence halls have two single beds per room with two open wardrobes for storing clothing. Many people find these accommodations to be the most comfortable option at Touchstone. Each floor of the dormitory has four rooms with two shared bathrooms. The dormitories are heated, but not air-conditioned.
The cabins are nestled throughout Touchstone’s beautiful woodland campus. They are not equipped with air conditioning or heat and are served by a bathhouse located a short distance from all residential buildings. The cabins offer guests close proximity to studios and a rustic charm that is appreciated by generations of Touchstone students.
Tent camping is available on campus and is the most affordable lodging option. RVs are not permitted. Those camping on Touchstone’s property will have access to the bathhouse.
In the event that a student opts to stay off-campus or that Touchstone’s accommodations are filled to capacity, additional lodging is available at several nearby locations. Please mention your workshop at Touchstone when making lodging reservations to be eligible for the special discounts that many of these establishments offer to Touchstone students.
Please click on our off-campus lodging guide for a complete listing, including notations on the distance to Touchstone.
All-Inclusive Lodging and Meal Package Pricing
The price chart below lists fees charged per person. Price includes all meals served during your stay (see chart below for specific inclusions). Please bring your own linens, sleeping bag, pillow(s), and toiletries. Touchstone does offer the option to rent a $50 linen package.
|Dorm Room (Private)||$720||$375||$250|
|Dorm Room (Shared)||$480||$255||$170|
|Double Cabin (Private)||$540||$285||$190|
|Double Cabin (Shared)||$390||$210||$140|
|Cabin w/ Restroom (Private)||$830||$430||$285|
|Quad Cabin (Shared)||$330||$180||$120|