View our 2019 Workshop Catalog Online
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR OUR 2019 WORKSHOP SEASON
Sign up to receive a printed catalog in the mail
Large Print Catalog Available By Request: 724-329-1370
Touchstone wants to make every aspect of your experience a pleasant one, including the workshop registration process. That’s why we offer four easy ways to register for a workshop:
Online: Definitely the most convenient and streamlined of the registration options, click on the link above for online enrollment for all workshops. Just select your workshop(s) and room and board preferences and the understandable and secure user interface will walk you through the registration process.
By Phone or Check: Call 724-329-1370 to speak with a Touchstone staff member. Once registered, payment can be mailed to:
Touchstone Center for Crafts
1049 Wharton Furnace Road
Farmington, Pennsylvania 15437
- Class registrations are taken on a first-come/first served basis.
- A 50% deposit and applicable registration fees are required at the time of registration for any workshop.
- The balance of registration fees is due 30 days prior to the start of the workshop.
- Materials fees are in addition to tuition fees and are due in full on the last day of your workshop.
- Registrants with unpaid balances cannot be guaranteed a space in a workshop.
- Classes fill quickly, so register for your favorite workshop(s) as early as possible.
- Waiting lists are created for all filled classes based on the receipt of registration forms.
- Nonrefundable Processing Fee: $10, $20, $30, or $50 (for 1-day, 2-day, 3-day, and 5-day workshops, respectively) This REQUIRED nonrefundable fee helps cover the operational costs associated with processing registrations
- Returned Check Fee is $25.00.
- Workshop Transfer Fee is $20.00.
- Cancellation Fee is $75.00.
- Materials and Studio Fees: Materials are not included in tuition. Materials fees will be charged to all students based on materials used in each class, and are in addition to tuition. In some cases, instructors might also require that you bring certain materials and tools with you. Materials fees are to be paid in full upon the last day of your workshop. Materials fees typically range from $15.00 to $115.00. It is possible for fees to be less or more than the range indicated depending on the workshop. Note: Materials fees for all Youth Workshops are included in the cost of tuition.
Touchstone makes every effort to run each and every workshop. However, the organization reserves the right to cancel a workshop for any reason. Touchstone will make cancellation notifications, due to low enrollment, at least 14 days ahead of the start of the workshop. If a workshop cancellation occurs, students will be able to (1) transfer to another class or (2) receive a full refund. Students who cancel a registration 30 or more days prior to the start of the workshop date will receive a refund of their paid deposits minus the non-refundable processing fee and a cancellation fee. Students who cancel within the 30 days prior to the start of the workshop date will not be entitled to any refund. In addition, no refunds will be given after the workshop begins. Touchstone is not responsible for non-refundable or prepaid travel arrangements.
Waiting lists are created for all filled workshops, and registrants will be placed on lists in order of their application date. No deposit is required to be placed on the waiting list. Should space become available, waiting list students will be notified and must pay the $10-$50 non-refundable processing fee plus full tuition balance to guarantee their space; otherwise, the next person waiting will be contacted.
25% Reduced Tuition: Full-time residents of Fayette County in Pennsylvania are offered 25% reduced tuition for any adult workshop. Regular room and board fees apply. Please call our office at 724-329-1370 to receive a discount code (discount can not be applied to special firings, teen week, youth programming, date nights, and symposiums).
- By enrolling in a workshop, students assume the risk of working with equipment and materials provided by Touchstone. The faculty, staff, and organization are not responsible for injuries incurred as a result of the improper or irresponsible use of tools, equipment, and/or facilities.
- The use of alcohol in studio settings prohibited. No one is permitted to work in a studio at any time after consuming alcohol– this includes drinking before or during a workshop and also drinking at meal services and attempting to work in the studio thereafter. Responsible consumption of alcohol by students of legal drinking age is permitted on Touchstone’s campus, however, due to the increased potential for harm to all persons on campus, tools/equipment, facilities, and property, we respectfully request that students keep alcohol out of the studios at all times.
- The use and/or possession of illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Violation of this policy will force Touchstone to terminate the student agreement immediately without a refund and ask the individual(s) in question to vacate the campus immediately and permanently.
- In the interest of safety, health, and the preservation of our campus, smoking is not permitted in any building. No one is permitted to burn candles, incense, or other flammables in any building.
To view a full listing of the Terms and Conditions as part of your enrollment, click here. Touchstone Center for Crafts prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or association preference. Touchstone Center for Crafts also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to its facilities and programming.